All of my time and money recently seems to have gone into the dreaded house move last month, so, when I finally had a payday that didn’t require me to put most of it straight into an estate agents pocket, I decided to treat myself to Sheena Douglass’ Time Traveller collection.
I was lucky enough to be a part of the launch of this collection at Hochanda, and I absolutely fell in love with it. The samples are incredible, and watching Sheena in action only made me want it more.
What’s more, is I really wanted to dip my toe further into the realms of mixed media. So, one rainy day during my week off work, I pulled out a canvas and went for it, and this is the finished piece:
I had a ridiculous amount of fun creating this project. I didn’t have an idea in mind at all when I started, it seemed to evolve as I went and I’m really happy with the results. The boyfriend loved it so much, he pinched it and it now sits proudly on his desk!
Products used in this project:
- Sheena’s Time Traveller Collection
- IndigoBlu black gesso
- Pebeo sand texture gel
- Pebeo gilding wax – king gold & renaissance gold
- Imagination Crafts starlight paints – bronze and petrolium
- Tim Holtz distress inks – walnut stain
- Spectrum Noir Aquatints – teal (06), gold (33) and silver (74)
- Papermania clear embossing powder
- IndigoBlu square flat canvas
- Sheena stamping card
- Crafters Companion centura pearl – black
Thanks for popping by!